With consecutive wins in the Domestic league, FC Barcelona turn their attention to the Europa League against Manchester United, after unfortunately getting eliminated from the group stages of the Champions League last year.
Barcelona once again find themselves in the Europa League after failing to get through to the knockout stages of The Champions League from a very tough group which consisted of the likes of Bayern Munich and Inter Milan.
Xavi’s Barcelona takes on Eric Ten Haag’s Manchester United at Camp Nou in search of a place in the Europa League knockouts.
- Barcelona and Manchester United have faced 13 times in all competitions ( 6 Barça wins including two UCL final wins, 3 Man United wins and 4 draws)
- The Catalans have won each of their last 4 matches in this fixture ( Most recent wins in 18/19 UCL Campaign)
- Manchester United have won each of their last five matches in Europe.
- Barcelona have lost five of their last 11 European matches at Camp Nou (W2 D4), their previous five such defeats spread across 101 games between 2002 and 2020
- Robert Lewandowski has scored 45 goals in his last 37 matches in European Competitions, while he has been directly involved in 9 goals across his last 3 appearances against English clubs ( 2 goals against Spurs and 3 goals and 4 assists against Chelsea )
Ousmane Dembele and Sergio Busquets will be unavailable due to injury for FC Barcelona while Anthony Martial, Antony, Scott Mctominay, Donny Van de Beek and Christian Eriksen are the absentees from the Manchester side due to injury while Lisandro Martinez and Marcel Sabitzer will miss the match due to suspension.
The usual defense of Jules Kounde, Ronald Araujo, Andreas Christensen and Alejandro Balde are all expected to start at the back while inform Marc Andre Ter Stegen will be occupying the net.
Frenkie De Jong who was heavily linked with a move to Manchester United last summer will start at the midfield with Frank Kessie and Gavi
Pedri will act as the false winger just like in the league games while Robert Lewandowski will complete the front three with Raphinha.
We have a mouthwatering fixture upon us against two sides who are in a rebuilding phase led by two master tacticians and it will be a great match to finally test our limits against a challenging team who also has a point to prove this season.
What are your Predictions? Comment down below 🙂