One of the biggest hits on the footballing calendar will be taking place between Barcelona and Real Madrid, on Sunday night at Camp Nou.
Table of contents
6 El Clasicos in One Season, Is this the 1st Time?
Barcelona welcomes their archrivals with a nine-point lead and will be aiming to widen that lead even further in hopes of capturing their first LaLiga title since 2019. Meanwhile, Real Madrid will do everything possible to reduce the deficit to six points, which definitely sounds better than twelve. Furthermore, Barcelona will count on this opportunity to make a solid statement after the Negreira case tarnished the club’s legacy.
Barcelona Referee Scandal – All You Need to Know about the Negreira Case
- Barcelona are yet to lose a LaLiga home game this season, winning 32 points in 12 games, while Real Madrid has only 28 points in 13 away games.
- Barcelona have won only 2 home Clasicos in LaLiga since 2015. Their last win came in October 2018.
- Barcelona won both the Clasicos they played after the world cup.
- Barcelona have won four of the five clasicos they played under Xavi.
- Real Madrid is among the only two teams to beat Barcelona in LaLiga this season.
Barcelona expected both Pedri and Dembele to return, but they will remain on the sidelines as the medical clearance is yet to be received. Meanwhile, Ronald Araujo, who was suspended for the game against Athletic Bilbao, has returned.
For Real Madrid, David Alaba will remain on the bench, while Alvaro Rodriguez is suspended. Despite being forced off against Liverpool, Karim Benzema is expected to be fit.
Balde is expected to start over Jordi Alba at Left-Back and Araujo will start on Right-Back as usual. Christensen and Kounde will continue as the centre back pair with Ter Stegen occupying the net.
De Jong, Busquets and Kessie are expected to continue in midfield as Pedri is unavailable yet again.
Once more, Gavi will play as the false winger on left, along with Raphinha and Lewandowski upfront.
An exciting fixture awaits us with pressure on both sides. Who are you backing up?
Drop your predictions!